Thursday, November 19, 2009

RRJ 1

Reference


The Associated Press (2007, Aug. 24). The Big Mac Gets Its Own Museum. MSNBC. Retrieved Oct 28, 2009, from http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20423294/h



Summary


According to this article, the Big Mac has become very popular as a real pop culture item since it was first introduced in 1967 by Jim Delligatti, who is a McDonald's owner. Some Big mac addicts opened a Big Mac Museum Restaurant and made "Big Mac-Aholics" group on the Web site Facebook. The sandwich is really sold well each year in the U.S. and a professor of nutrition said if sometimes people eat this sandwich, it is not bad for health. We can love to eat fast food, but it could be a good thing or bad thing.



Reaction


I chose this article because I'm interested in McDonald's. In my opinion, American people really love fast food. They generally tend to overvalue it. I think it is just fast food. People can enjoy eating those, but building a museum restaurant and a cake-like tower of McDonald's hamburgers for their party seem to overact for me. Actually, fast food is not good for health. Also, I don't really like to eat fast food, so I still suffer from choosing food in the student center at every lunch time because there is just a lot of fast food. I wondered and pitied why fast food is American's favorite food. There is a lot of healthy food and various food in the world. They need to know and taste it. Fast food could be a good way when we don't have enough time to eat but I think it should be a rare case for their health. When I first came to the U.S, I was really surprised that Americans could eat fast food three times a day. I hope they reduce their eating fast food and they can find interest in eating other food and cooking other cuisines.



No comments:

Post a Comment