Thursday, November 19, 2009

RRJ 3


Reference


The Associated Press (2009, Feb. 04). Another National Obsession. Korea Times .Retrieved Nov. 19, 2009, from http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2009/10/202_38945.





Summary


According to this article, a lot of Korean students want to study English abroad . It became the largest foreign group in the united state. Also, the wild-geese fathers and education costs could be a big problem. Even though they are just median-income parents, they try sending their children to America by force because they want their children can learn creative learning in foreign colleges. They vaguely think if their children study abroad, everything is going to be alright. However, Korean people need to reduce their ambition and to change their education system. Studying abroad is not a good solution for our education system and our knowledge power. Korea should be stopped sending good students to improve knowledge power.



Reaction


I chose this article because it shows our country's education problems and I'm also in this situation. To tell the truth, it is a trend that studying abroad in Korea. Many students want to study abroad even though they are not rich people. In the interview that they take to get a good job, the interviewer will exactly ask whether or not they studied abroad. It became a certain necessary condition to get a good job in Korea. They think about it very simply and everything is going to be fine if they go to study abroad, but it could be a big problem in Korea. At first, they need the number of money to study abroad. If some parents are not rich, they could make a lot of debts to send their children to abroad. Nevertheless, their children can fail their studying easily because studying abroad is too hard and lonely. Also, nobody care and meddle them. They just do everything themselves. It means they have a lot of free time and should control everything themselves. However, it is really difficult to do it alone except any help. For these reasons, many students fail to study abroad. I also came to America to study English. Before I came here, in fact, I was really ready to be alone for my work, but studying abroad was totally different to my prediction. I thought that if I go to America, I will be able to concentrate on my work very well. However, it didn't work as well. I always felt lonely and missed everything about my country and family. It is not a tiny problem for foreign students. In addition, sometimes, I couldn't control my mind well because there was not anything that I can rely on abroad. Many foreign students could feel like me. In consequence, they should think more about studying abroad whether or not it is really necessary for them before deciding to go to abroad. It is a wrong way that they just want to study abroad except a great purpose because most students and their friends do that. I'm also studying abroad, but I have a certain purpose and dream. It is to be a great teacher in the future. That's why I study here even though I feel lonely and hard very much. In closing, Some people who can't study abroad can simply envy the people who study abroad, but there are not only good things to study abroad. I hope many students choose their way well after careful consideration for long time and our education system would change for the better.


1 comment:


  1. do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india with good visa assurance.we help you in filing the f1 visa for you in very less time. reputed overseas consultancy in hyderabad
    we are also help you with information needed to apply for the college university.

    ReplyDelete